Quantcast

Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Geert Wilders Trial: Netherlands vs Wilders: Freedom on Trial in Netherlands

The trial of Geert Wilders began this week in the Netherlands. Freedom is on trial in that country as Wilders defends his free speech rights against charges of hate crime against Islam - inciting hatred and discrimination. Wilders compared the Koran to Mein Kampf. See a video below. Stay tuned for details as the trial progresses.

 Here is a snippet of Wilders' opening address to the court, courtesy FrontPageMagazine:

I believe with all my heart and soul that the freedom in the Netherlands is threatened. That what our heritage is, what generations could only dream about, that this freedom is no longer a given, no longer self-evident.

I devote my life to the defence of our freedom. I know what the risks are and I pay a price for it every day. I do not complain about it; it is my own decision. I see that as my duty and it is why I am standing here.

I know that the words I use are sometimes harsh, but they are never rash. It is not my intention to spare the ideology of conquest and destruction, but I am not any more out to offend people. I have nothing against Muslims. I have a problem with Islam and the Islamization of our country because Islam is at odds with freedom.
Wilders, 45, is a Dutch politician and the leader of the Dutch Freedom Party (PVV). This trial attempting to stifle free speech, may be far away from the U.S. but the same battle has already reached Canada, and make no mistake about, it Islam plans the same for America. Maybe you are familiar with Wilders' film Fitna? If not, please make a point to view the second video below. This is a video you will not forget.



Geert Wilders on Trial (video)





Geert Wilders Fitna (video)

©2007-2012copyrightMaggie M. Thornton