Quantcast

Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Simon Cowell is Mezhgan Hussainy Fiance: Simon Cowell Engaged to Afghan-born Mezhgan Hussainy

American Idol's Simon Cowell is the fiance of Mezhgan Hussainy. Mezhgan is the chief make-up artist on Idol. She and Cowell met on the show several seasons ago, and have been dating about a year. A wedding date has not been announced.


Simon Cowell and Mezhgan Hussainy

Mezhgan, pronounced "mish-gone" has her own line of makeup. Her website says:
Meet Mezhgan, the make-up artist behind the Hollywood stars who is making a face in the beauty cosmetics world.
Hussainy was born in Afghanistan. From a quote on her website, it seems her family fled Afghanistan when she was 8 years old (she is not 36 - Simon is 50).
"Just keep running and don't stop."
Those were the words my mother shouted as we fled Afghanistan, when I was just 8 years old. I knew we were headed for a better life, but I had no idea what was in store. That journey changed my life forever and I carry my mother's words with me through my life and into career, to this day.
Source and another source.

©2007-2012copyrightMaggie M. Thornton