Quantcast

Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tiger Woods Wants to Master the Masters: Tiger at the Well-Behaved Agusta Masters

Tiger Woods has announced today that he will return to tournament play at the very proper and well-behaved August Masters, April 8th through April 11th. Woods has 4 Masters wins on his scorecards, and holds the record for the youngest Masters winner at the age of 21 with a 12-stroke lead:

Augusta Masters
"The Masters is where I won my first major and I view this tournament with great respect...After a long and necessary time away from the game, I feel like I'm ready to start my season at Augusta. The major championships have always been a special focus in my career and, as a professional, I think August is where I need to be, even though it's been a while since I last played...I have undergone almost two months of inpatient therapy and I am continuing my treatment. Although I'm returning to competition, I still have a lot of work to do in my personal life. When I finally got into a position to think about competitive golf again it became apparent to me that the Masters would be the earliest I could play," said Woods.

 Augusta Masters

Woods last public appearance on a golf course was his win at the Australian Masters on November 15th. Expected to be a ratings blockbusters with the randy Tiger in play, there is word that those with "season badges" will lose them if they try to sell their entry or violate policies.

If you need background on Tiger's Infidelity and Rehab, these posts will lead you there:
Tiger Woods Accident 

Byron Bell is Tiger Woods Childhood Friend: Bell Covers for Tiger and Rachel Uchitel  


©2007-2012copyrightMaggie M. Thornton