Quantcast

Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bowe Bergdahl New Video and Photo: Soldier - Taliban Prisoner Pleads to Come Home

U.S. Army Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl, from Hailey, Idaho,  is speaking in a new video released by the Taliban in Afghanistan, identified as the "Mujahideen of the Islamic Emirat of Afghanistan." Bergdahl was captured by the Taliban in June 2009. See video below.

 Bowe Bergdahl

In the video, Bergdahl seems to be trying to validate his identity. He mentions his duty station in Alaska at Ft. Richardson, Barracks 623. Says his father is Bob, Robert Bergdahl; his mother Jannie Marie Bergdahl; his sister Sky Julia Bergdahl. He lists friends: James Cameron, Kim Harrison, Kayla Harrison, Shane Harrison. Bergdahl says he loves motorcycles and sailing. See original reporting here.
I love my family. I haven't shown it very well. You have been lost in my life. I haven't given my family the love you have given me. 
The video ends with a Taliban spokesman demanding the release of a number of Taliban in exchange for Bergdahl, just after Pfc. Bergdahl says: "Get me to be released. This war is not worth the human life that it costs both Afghanistand and the U.S...Please, I begging you, bring me home." Read more at My Way.



Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl (video)

©2007-2012copyrightMaggie M. Thornton