Quantcast

Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Health Care Workers Protest Vaccine: Health Care Workers Job Threat

New York State is mandating that all health care workers receive the vaccine for the H1N1. Health Care workers have been threatened with job loss if they do not consent to receiving the vaccine. Get the shot or lose your job. Protests were held today in Hauppauge, New York: "No forced shots! they changed.

I don't even tend to the sick. I am in the nutrition field. They are telling me I must get the shot because I work in a health clinic setting," said Paula Small, a Women, Infants and Children health care worker. Small said she will refuse, worried the vaccine is untested and unproven, leaving her vulnerable. In 1976, there were some deaths associated with a swine flu vaccination.
A nurse, Frank Mannino said he is willing to lose his job. "I will not take, will not be forced. This is still America. Albany had "hundreds" in the streets demanding "freedom of choice." Stony Brook University Hospital said it is committed to "the mandate" to vaccinate personnel. State mandates? Federal mandates? Being "forced" to follow government orders is in our future. So I say to these protesters: Good for you. Now go to a Tea Party.

©2007-2012copyrightMaggie M. Thornton