Quantcast

Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

James Jones Joke: Taliban Duped by Jews

National Security Advisor, General James Jones, has apologized for a joke he told before delivering the keynote speech at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. The joke depicts a Taliban member (a Muslim) being duped by Jews (hated infidel Jews). See the video below.

General James James

We could equate this to many world events - the Palestinian claim that everything in the Nation of Israel belongs to them, but the greedy Jews won't give an inch, comes to mind first.

I find my Jewish friends to be the first to laugh at jokes like this, but a Muslim laughs at nothing unless it is the collapse of the World Trade Towers, the deaths of infidels anywhere in the world, and especially Jewish children. In these turbulent, race-and-religion-inflamed times, there is no excuse for a joke that makes a victim of Muslims at the hands of a Jew, or any infidel. And note that you will find Muslims doing business on Israeli soil, but you won't see an Israeli allowed to do business on Islamic soil. See the video below.

The message of the General's speech was America's strong commitment to Israel. Now that should have been the joke.





General James Jones - Taliban-Jew Joke (video)


Transcript:


“A member of the Taliban was separated from his fighting party and wandered around for a few days in the desert, lost, out of food, no water. He looked on the horizon and he saw what looked like a little shack, and he walked toward that shack and as he got to it, turned out that it was a shack, a store, a little store owned by a Jewish merchant. And the Taliban warrior went up to him and said, 'I need water, get me some water.' And the merchant said, 'I'm sorry, I don't have any water, but would you like to buy a tie? We have a nice sale of ties today.'

“Whereupon the Taliban erupted into a stream of language that I can't repeat about Israel, about Jewish people, about the man himself, about his family -- and just saying 'I need water, you try to sell me ties, you people don't get it.'

"And passively, the merchant stood there until this Taliban was through with his diatribe and said, 'Well, I'm sorry but I don't have water for you and I forgive you for all of the insults you've levied against me, my family, my country, but I will help you out. If you go over that hill and walk about two miles there's a restaurant there, and they have all the water you'll need.'

"And the Taliban, instead of saying thanks, still muttering under his breath, disappears over the hill -- only to come back about an hour later and walking up to the merchant and says, 'Your brother tells m e I need a tie in order to get into the restaurant.'"  End transcript.

©2007-2012copyrightMaggie M. Thornton